20 grams butter
500-550 g of Cavendish bananas, peeled then cut into slices
1 1/4 cup of Nutryvitta Banana Flour
1 cup caster sugar
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup full cream milk
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons orange peel
1 tbsp of Xanthan Gum
2 large egg yolks
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 23cm spring form tun with butter.
2. In a medium bowl whist together the flour, caster sugar, baking powder,
salt, cinnamon and the Xanthan Gum.
3. In a large bowl whisk together oil, milk, whole eggs, orange zest and
4. Transfer dry ingredients to the large wet ingredients bowl and mix well to
form a smooth batter.
5. Pour half the mixture into spring form tin.
6. Layer bananas around tin, pour more mixture, layer more bananas until all
7. Ensure bananas are covered with mixture. Push down if not.
8. Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden.
9. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
Can be dusted with icing sugar and served with ice cream or fresh fruit.